Sunday 17 April 2011

Hello!

About a year and a half ago was the start of a very big change in my life. Aged 18, I had left my home in Liverpool to start university at York. This presented me with an opportunity to make new friends, join some interesting university societies and try some new things. Walking through freshers’ fair (for those who don’t know, this is an event that is held at the start of each university year where students can sign up to societies exploring different interests) it was the York University Real Ale Society that caught my eye the most. Having only sampled a few pints of some standard ales, such as Black Sheep Best Bitter, I didn’t know what to expect but I thought I would give it a shot. A year later I found myself Chair of the society with my knowledge of real ale increased.  After six months as Chair, getting very caught up in the craft beer revolution and falling more and more for well-made, quality beer every day, I thought I would try my hand at a beer blog.

So, my name is Andrew Lynes. I am 20, currently the Chair of York University Real Ale Society and I love craft beer! I hope anyone reading this enjoys the blog. Feel free to comment on anything I say. It would be good to get some interesting discussions on the go!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    welcome to the wonderful world of beer blogging. It was great to mmet you at the York twissup and I wish you every success with the new blog.
    Great Stuff, mate.

    ReplyDelete